About our RICS HomeBuyer Survey
The RICS Level 2 Homebuyer Survey assesses the condition of a property and identifies any significant faults before a sale is complete. Your building surveyor will carry out a thorough inspection of the property and produce a comprehensive report detailing its condition. This will then enable you to make an informed decision before proceeding with the purchase.
The report is clear and easy to understand and gives condition ratings to the main parts (the ‘elements’) of the main building, garage and other outside elements and outlines as such:
- Condition rating 3 – defects that are serious and/or need to be repaired, replaced or investigated urgently.
- Condition rating 2 – defects that need repairing or replacing but are not considered to be either serious or urgent. The property must be maintained in the normal way.
- Condition rating 1 – no repair is currently needed. The property must be maintained in the normal way.
The RICS Level 2 Homebuyer Survey is suitable for most buildings of standard construction, flats, bungalows and houses built after 1930. You may have a building which is older than 1930, listed or of non standard construction, if so, the RICS Level 3 Building Survey will be more appropriate. If you are unsure what year or type or building you are buying then please do give us a call to discuss further. Our advice is free and you will not receive a sales pitch from our team. We are happy to help.
Smith Heritage Surveyors
What’s included in the RICS Level 2 Homebuyer Survey?
The report objectively describes the condition of the elements and provides an assessment of the relative importance of the defects/problems. Although it is concise, the RICS Home Survey – Level 2 does include advice about repairs or any ongoing maintenance issues.
- Thorough, impartial property assessment from an RICS, CIOB or RPSA Building Surveyor
- Detailed report with comprehensive property review and annotated photos
- Clear report structure with traffic light system to illustrate condition ratings 1, 2 and 3.
- Talk to your surveyor on the day of inspection with a follow up phone call to explain their findings. You will also have ongoing access via email and telephone to ask any follow up questions
- Visual inspection of all building elements inside and out, including walls and ceilings, roof and guttering, windows and doors
- Visual appraisal of services including gas/oil heating, electricity, water and drainage, with recommendations for further inspections where necessary
- Highlighting any urgent repair issues as well as future maintenance requirements
- Insurance reinstatement figure for the property if required
Start your journey
Book a RICS Homebuyer Survey
Are you looking to purchase a property with confidence? Smith Heritage Surveyors are here to offer a professional and independent advice. We carry out surveys for properties of all ages, shapes and sizes across Wiltshire, Hampshire, Dorset and surrounding counties, helping homebuyers find out exactly what they will be investing their money into before it’s too late.
Book your RICS Level 2 Homebuyer Survey with Smith Heritage Surveyors today.
RICS Level 2 Homebuyer survey case study
Smith Heritage Surveyors carried out a RICS Level 2 Homebuyer Survey on this 1950s chalet-style property in Wiltshire. We delivered an in-depth report with a clear format to make it easy to understand for non-property experts.
The survey highlighted a number of defects including condensation and penetrating damp throughout the ground floor of the building. Using our high level camera we were able to establish that the guttering had been incorrectly installed. We performed a rain test by spraying the roof with a hose which simulated rainfall, this allowed us to establish which parts of the rainwater system were not functioning correctly and give costs for remedial works.
Our client was thrilled with the results and proceeded to purchase the property with confidence.
All of this information and testing was carried out in front of the client as part of our walk around service which is included as standard. We find the walk around at the end of surveys to be very useful and informative, allowing us to inform clients straightaway of our findings, show them the defects in person and explain what is required and potential costs.
Contact us to find out more.
How much does an RICS Level 2 Homebuyer Survey cost?
Our Homebuyer Surveys start at £395.00 and increase dependant on size and complexity. You can get a free instant quote here.